Add PDF security (sign, encrypt, decrypt, verify, timestamp) functions to your .NET application
PDFBlackbox (.NET edition, part of SecureBlackbox software product) is a collection of managed components for PDF security and compression support in your C#, VB.NET, C++.NET, ASP.NET applications.
Download and try nowDownload SecureBlackbox (.NET edition), which includes PDFBlackbox package
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a format for presentation of text and graphic information, suitable for document distribution and printing. PDF format supports signing and encryption of the documents, which lets you secure the document and at the same time keep the PDF document accessible for PDF readers.
Why choose PDFBlackbox
- PDFBlackbox focuses on document security, so you can use any tool for generation of the documents, leaving the security job to professionals;
- Timestamping is the vital part of the signing process, which certifies the moment, when the signature is made. With PDFBlackbox you can apply the timestamp when you sign the document using PAdES standard;
- With PDFBlackbox you get not just signing and encryption, but complete support for cryptography operations, including advanced validation of the certificates using timestamps, certificate revocation lists (CRLs) and online validation protocol (OCSP);
- Certificate-based PDF security operations without certificate management are worth nothing. PDFBlackbox lets you create and manage X.509 certificates, certificate storages and CRLs;
- The components are suitable for use in Web Applications (ASP.NET) and in Android and iOS apps developed with Xamarin;
- Server-side documents can be signed on the client without downloading them (Distributed Cryptography add-on required);
- Free individual or public support is available from the very beginning of your evaluation and development
- support for PAdES (PDF Advanced Electronic Signature) standard (requires additional license for PKIBlackbox);
- certificate-based PDF signing ;
- signature timestamping using TSP (Timstamping Protocol, RFC 3161) ;
- certificate-based public key PDF encryption ;
- support for Cryptocards and USB Crypto Tokens ;
- royalty-free license ;
- usable on Windows, Linux and macOS desktops and servers, on ASP.NET web sites, in Silverlight applications, on Windows Phone, Android (with Xamarin.Android) and iOS (with Xamarin.iOS);
- sample code for C# and Visual Basic.NET (VB.NET) including ASP.NET sample;
- unlike free open source code, SecureBlackbox comes with free individual technical support
Download SecureBlackbox.NET, which includes PDFBlackbox packageCompression gives an additional level of security and lets you increase transfer speed significantly and reduce the network load and storage space requirements.
Synchronous operation mode gives you a linear programming approach without complicated callback functions. This approach saves your development time and reduces the number of errors.
Asynchronous operation mode, on the other hand, gives you flexibility and complete control over your application communications.Synchronous operation mode gives you a linear programming approach without complicated callback functions. This approach saves your development time and reduces the number of errors. Simple SecureBlackbox components can be used for reliable data transfer no matter what type of proxy or firewall is used to protect the network.
HTTPS proxy access includes support for Basic, Digest and Windows Integrated (NTLM) authentication mechanisms. You can process huge files and not be bound by restrictions of 32-bit environments. This feature works on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems without any limitations. To limit and control network load and bandwidth consumption you can setup maximum upload and download speed for the data transfer components. Transport (SSL, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, WebDAV, LDAP, SSH, SFTP) components can be used in IPv6 networks without any problems, address conversions or packet wrapping. Transport (SSL, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, WebDAV, LDAP, SSH, SFTP) components understand and make use of non-latin domain names (so-called International Domain Names, IDN). In FIPS operation mode SecureBlackbox uses only certified CryptoAPI modules of Windows to perform any cryptographic operations.
FIPS mode is available only on Windows platform. Virtual File System adapters let SecureBlackbox components, which operate with files, work with various backend file storages and not just with "physical" disk.
For example, in WebDAV, SFTP, HTTP(S) and FTP(S) servers you can provide a personal storage space for each connected user.
Out of the box file system adapter and SolFS virtual file system adapter are included and you can easily create your own adapter. With DNSSEC support enabled you protect your socket connection from being fooled by possible DNS cache poisoning and other malicious DNS activities.
DNSSEC requires that the DNS record for the destination server contains a certified signature. Distributed Crypto modules let web site visitors use certificates accessible only on the client system to sign the data, stored on the server (no need to download this data).
This is done with help of client-side modules (Java applet, ActiveX control, Flash applet), embedded into the web page. Cryptographic hardware gains more and more popularity every day. If your software deals with X.509 certificates or PKI in general (RSA keys etc.), it is time to support cryptocards and USB tokens.
To use cryptographic hardware you need a license for PKIBlackbox. SecureBlackbox was written from the ground up by EldoS developers. It doesn't use third-party code to implement its cryptographic functions. This means that you are not bound by CryptoAPI or OpenSSL version when you need to use certain algorithm.
At the same time it's possible to plug third-party security libraries and hardware modules by utilizing the pluggable architecture of SecureBlackbox. No royalties means the licensing procedure which is clear and easy to understand and manage. Pay for the license once and use it for development and deployment with no other payments. We provide free technical support via web-based Forum and HelpDesk. Support is available for everyone, and the requests from clients who purchased a license are given priority. Also you can use our extensive knowledgebase. With PDFBlackbox you can be sure that you can exchange the documents with any PDF application that the other party uses. Password-based encryption is the basic encryption type supported by most (if not all) PDF readers. Many components can encrypt the data using the password. But it's PDFBlackbox that provides document encryption using X.509 certificate. With certificate-based encryption you can prepare the documents, which are supposed to be read by just one or several recipients. And you don't need to share the common passwords between all parties. Digital signing of the documents becomes more and more popular every day. Now you can publish your documents and sign them with X.509 certificates without the need for expensive Acrobat and its SDK. Timestamping is a vital part of digital signing procedure, that allows you to certify the time, when the signature was made. With PDFBlackbox you can create visible or invisible signatures. What's more, you can create certification and modifcation detection signatures. This type of signatures allows certain document modifications such as filling the forms while protecting the main document contents. Validation of the digital signature is usually much more than just verifying the cryptographic signature. Correct validation includes signature verification, checking of the signature timestamp, verification of validity of the certificate and all of its issuer certficates. With PDFBlackbox you can build your own verification procedures.