Add FTP and FTP-over-SSL client or server to your iOS and macOS application
Quickly implement FTP and FTPS protocols in your mobile and desktop applications using an extensive collection of security and networking classes that include FTP / FTPS.
FTPSBlackbox includes FTP classes enabling developers to quickly implement plain and secure file transfers without going deep into details of FTP and FTPS protocols. Both FTP (RFC 959) and FTP-over-SSL (RFC 2228) protocols are supported by supplied client and server FTP/FTPS classes.
Download FTPS Classes for iOS and macOSThe FTPSBlackbox package is an integral part of SecureBlackbox. Download SecureBlackbox (C++ edition) to implement FTP and FTPS protocols in Objective C and C++ client and server applications. Or take VCL edition for iOS and macOS development using Delphi and FreePascal.
Differences Between SFTP and FTPS ProtocolsBoth SFTP and FTPS protocols are supported in SecureBlackbox class library. However, it is important to know the differences between these two protocols. The two protocolsí design and implementation differ significantly, making the two protocols incompatible and non-interchangeable.
FTPS is an acronym of FTP-over-SSL. In brief, FTPS is a secured extension of the FTP protocol. When you use FTPS protocol, you can create, delete, upload and download files over a secure SSL/TLS tunnel.
SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) is designed on top of the SSH (Secure Shell) protocol, and is a part of SSH2 family of protocols. SFTP protocol is implemented with SFTP classes included in SFTPBlackbox package of SecureBlackbox.
Why Choose FTPSBlackbox over Competing FTPS Libraries
- Add support for FTP and FTPS protocols to your application in minutes;
- You can build FTP/FTPS clients and servers with a single FTPS library;
- Compatibility with all existing standard-compliant FTP/FTPS clients and servers is guaranteed;
- Implicit and explicit SSL/TLS support;
- All newest additions to SSL/TLS protocols including AES and Camellia Cipher Suites, TLS extensions, Server Name Indication extension (SNI) are supported;
- FTP/FTPS proxies are supported;
- Built-in GZip and MODE Z compression speeds up transfers and reduces bandwidth requirements;
- FTP and FTPS classes support wildcards and regular expressions for batch file transfer operations;
- Royalty-free license;
- C++ sample code;
- Extensive knowledge databases and individual support options are available to help you with the development of your project since the moment you download the free evaluation version.
You are welcome to download and try C++ edition for iOS and macOS development using C and C++
or VCL edition for iOS and macOS development using FreePascal in order to implement industry-standard security in your iPhone or iPad applications.
If you use Xamarin and target iOS with it, you can take .NET edition.
Delphi (VCL) users can use NG edition of SecureBlackbox to add security to their Delphi Mobile applications for iOS.