Add PDF security (sign, encrypt, decrypt, verify, timestamp) functions to your Windows, macOS or Linux application
Build Delphi applications that can encrypt, decrypt, timestamp, sign, and verify PDF files in Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS and Android.
PDFBlackbox includes a range of PDF components that can easily secure PDF documents while keeping them compatible with existing PDF software including Adobe (R) Acrobat Reader.
Download Secure PDF VCL ComponentsThe PDFBlackbox package is an integral part of SecureBlackbox. Download SecureBlackbox (VCL edition) to implement PDF security in Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS and Android.
The PDF SpecificationOnce a proprietary standard maintained by Adobe (R), the PDF specification is now an open format published by the International Organization for Standardization as ISO 32000-1:2008. Since then, hundreds of software tools implemented support for the PDF format. Ensuring strict compatibility with the published PDF specifications is essential to maintain the ability for software products to access documents produced with the wide range of available tools.
While itís easy to encrypt or sign a file, itís way too easy to lose compatibility with other PDF-compliant applications. Encrypting a PDF document in such a way it can be read by other PDF readers is a real challenge.
PDFBlackbox is designed to fully conform to the published PDF specifications. PDF files encrypted with PDF components can be successfully decrypted in Adobe (R) Acrobat Reader and other tools (given that the end-user knows the right password), and vice versa.
Specification-Compliant PDF Encryption and DecryptionPDFBlackbox implements standard-compliant PDF encryption, allowing your Delphi applications to encrypt and decrypt PDF documents without sacrificing compatibility with the PDF format. PDF security components allow encrypting PDF files with a password or using certificate-based security (X.509) with certificate management capabilities.
Timestamp, Sign and Verify PDF documents in Delphi ApplicationsPDF documents can be signed, time-stamped and validated thanks to the use of certificate-based security. The TSP Timstamping Protocol (RFC 3161) is used to securely certify time and date the PDF file has been signed. Advanced signing and timestamping is possible with PAdES standard. PDF signatures and timestamps produced by PDFBlackbox can be successfully validated in other applications conforming to the PDF specification such as Adobe (R) Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.
Why Choose PDFBlackbox over Competing PDF Components
- Focus on security and compatibility: create PDF documents anywhere, use PDF VCL components to add security;
- Strict compliance with PDF specifications allows using any PDF compliant tool to handle encrypted and signed PDF documents;
- PDF files signed or encrypted with PDF components are fully compatible with Adobe (R) Acrobat and Acrobat Reader;
- Secure timestamping support via TSP Timstamping Protocol (RFC 3161);
- Complete cryptographic support for your PDF files, including advanced validation of certificates and timestamps, certificate revocation lists (CRLs) management and online validation protocol (OCSP) support;
- Includes the ability to create, store, manage and revoke X.509 certificates, supports certificate storages and CRLs;
- PDF security components support crypto cards and USB Crypto Tokens;
- Password-based and certificate-based PDF encryption;
- Royalty-free licensing;
- Comprehensive technical support and assistance with your project available from the day you download the free evaluation version.
Download SecureBlackbox (VCL edition), an all-in-one security toolbox that includes PDF encryption, decryption, timestamping, signing and validation PDF components for Delphi.