Final Release version of Callback File System 6 available for download. This version includes the following changes:
- Kernel-mode cache for files, which increases speed of operations
- Support for hard links (multiple file names pointing at the same file data)
- CreateTime attribute for files
- OnFsCtl event to handle custom FsCtl requests sent to the filesystem
- Windows 10 compatibility improvements
- [VCL] RAD Studio XE8 and RAD Studio 10 packages and defines.
Final release is available for download from the download page. Licensed customers are welcome to review the upgrade information below and contact us for access to the new version.
Windows 10 driver signingIn Windows 10 Microsoft introduces the new model of driver signing and signature verification. The information about this model is still sparse and so far it is not clear, how the drivers, signed before and after Windows 10 release date will be handled after the deadline, set by Microsoft to the 27th of October. We are currently working hard to implement the new mechanism of driver signing for automated build purposes. Once implemented, new signatures will be added only to new versions of our products (i.e. to CBFS 6 but not to CBFS 5). We will provide guidance for signing of custom builds of CBFS to those customers, who have a source-code license.