EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Message replies

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/06/2007 13:37:02
by Nick Tucker (Standard support level)

Is it possible to change the message.MsgCode, Param1 and Param2 for the reply?

For example in your SendNote example you are setting the message text to "Reply" which I see in the OnMessage event, but it seems I cannot change the MsgCode, Param1 or Param2, it always returns the original numbers. Is this by design or is there a way to override this and be able to return different values?

For example what I would like to do is sent a message with MsgCode = 1 and get a reply with a msgcode = 2 or what ever the program logic dictates or am I limited to just changing the message text for a reply.

Either way, a wonderful set of components!

Posted: 11/06/2007 14:01:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Much like in Windows messaging system, MsgConnect uses uni-directional messages, where the sender determines the set of information it sends. For various data-transfer purposes it's possible to move the binary block back and forth, i.e. send the data from the recipient back to the originator. But the message main information (parameters and message code) are unchanged.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2634 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!