EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Two way communication

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 11/25/2015 07:52:02
by Tim Frost (Standard support level)

Is the 2010 advice in https://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=9&TID=2468 still valid?

On a NAT network where multiple client applications are sending messages to a service application, and each client app also has its own queue to receive messages, can I use a saved value from GetMessageSource from an incoming message to send a later message to the same application (with its '|qname' appended)?

The answers to the linked question imply 'no', and that I must always have a nominated port for each app, so that I can save the explicit address and port to send a later message to a client. Is my understanding correct?
Posted: 12/19/2015 20:00:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I apologize for the very late reply - for some reason your question has been overlooked.

The answer in the original topic still applies. But your question seems to be different from the one asked there.

GetMessageSource returns an opaque handle, not an address. And you indeed can use the saved value to send the message to the original sender later. This is because the handle contains a unique ID besides the address, and if the client reconnects from a different address, it will pick the message formed by the server for this client.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2609 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!