EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Adddresing

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 01/13/2014 13:04:19
by Yves Roulet (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene,

I have the following situation:
- 2 programs A and B running on different PC's
- My program A request a task on program B, B answer ok that he will do the job. At the end of the job the program B inform program A that he finish the task.
During this time program A send in some interval of time a post message to program B to inform his address for example queue:XX:XX:192.168.1.120:150011 and I use this address for program B to send the finish confirmation.

Everything run ok, but sometimes the A address change during the interval and A never receive the message from B.
My question is:
- do I send the message from B to A using all address: XX:XX:192.168.1.120:150011 or only without magic numbers 192.168.1.120:150011?
What is the inside rule for changing the magic numbers? This rule is the same for all protocols?

Regards
Posted: 01/14/2014 02:39:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the question.

Yves Roulet wrote:
- do I send the message from B to A using all address: XX:XX:192.168.1.120:150011 or only without magic numbers 192.168.1.120:150011?

These are not "magic numbers" but internally-introduced TCP session identifiers. These identifiers let one re-use existing TCP session if it exists. If you send a *new* message, it would be easier to make B compose the address as it would do with any new message, i.e. omit any identifiers.

Yves Roulet wrote:
What is the inside rule for changing the magic numbers? This rule is the same for all protocols?

The rule is "don't touch them, they are for internal use only". Of course you can study the source code and find out how they are created and managed, but we changed the principle in MsgConnect 2 and who knows what will be done with those numbers in future.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3322 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!