EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TCP Hole punch

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/23/2013 08:40:50
by Kresimir Majdenic (Basic support level)

I've tried MsgConnect (Windows, Delphi 2009) and I think you've made a great job. I would like to use it in my project but have a problem of make TCP and/or UDP connection accross networks. I need to connect two users which are in two separate LANs. Both LANs have access to Internet via HTTP (only web browsing are allowed). As far as I could learn this is possible only by utilizing some Randezvous server (address of which is known to both clients) somewhere on Internet which will be used in process called TCP Hole punching.

Is there any way to use MsgConnect for what I need?

Best reagards,
Posted: 04/23/2013 09:32:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

In general, MsgConnect can be used as a forwarder (see ForwardMessage method). In MsgConnect 1 there was also message routing employed, but nobody used it so it's not present in MsgConnect 2 (we can in theory bring it back, but there seems to be no reason to).

Correct approach would be to build a layer on top of MsgConnect, i.e. let the server store messages for certain client and make the client ask for messages on the server. This requires identification of nodes, and while MsgConnect offers certain identification support, it's up to the application to manage identification. To put it simply, - you need a protocol with routing and identification running on top of MsgConnect.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 3870 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!