EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Installation Problem

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 07/24/2012 09:37:36
by Daniel Medina (Basic support level)

Hi,

I downloaded the lastest evaluation version of MsgConnect (msgconnect.160.72), and i'm trying to install it on my machine (Windows 7 x86 in Spanish). It starts installing fine, but when its about to end I get the following error:
Windows no puede encontrar el archivo "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\SDK\v2.0\\Bin\gacutil.exe". Asegúrese de que el nombre esté escrito correctamente e inténtelo de nuevo.

That translated would be something like this
Windows cannot find the file "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\SDK\v2.0\\Bin\gacutil.exe". Make sure that it is spelled correctly and try again.

And after that the installer rolls back the installation, so I can't test it.

Is there a way to solve this and continue my evaluation?
Posted: 07/24/2012 11:27:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

gacutil is used to install assemblies to global assembly cache. If you don't need .NET assemblies (i.e. if you are interested in other code package, not .NET) then just unselect .NET in the list of components to install (when you choose components to install, you can select Libraries and the button for subcomponents will be available).

If you need .NET, then the easiest is to create the folder with exactly the needed name, then copy gacutil.exe (you should have it somewhere on your disk) to that folder and run the installer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2376 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!