EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

MsgConnect for Silverlight and Windows Phone

Also by EldoS Corporation: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Created: 09/18/2011 15:05:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

MsgConnect for Silverlight and Windows Phone

If you like the idea, vote for it on https://www.eldos.com/msgconnect/wishlist.php

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski
Created: 01/22/2012 11:56:31

As we started to look at Silverlight support in MsgConnect, it appeared that Socket-related class is *so* badly crippled down, that we are unable to implement such support. Among basic things, missing in Silverlight socket, are functions to obtain local address of the connected socket, or Select function. And while Select could be emulated, lack of local address and port for the socket would probably make such Silverlight client unusable.

Maybe we get back to this task in future, with Silverlight 6 or whenever Silverlight developers get smart enough to implement proper socket support.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski
Created: 02/14/2012 02:13:10

Looks like we've found a way to get rid of needing address and port of the socket, so it's likely that in MsgConnect 2 (which is planned for Spring) we'll implement Silverlight version.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski
Created: 04/26/2012 06:06:04
by Seeker (Basic support level)
Registration date: 04/26/2012
Total messages: 2

The idea to create a version for Silverlight is great. I'm currently working on a project which involves p2p communication. The problem is that it is targeted for Windows Phone and I want it to be cross-platform, so that I will be able to implement it for Android also. My question is, what is going on with the Silverlight version, when is it planned to be released and will it be supported on Windows Phone?
Created: 04/26/2012 06:12:12

Peer to peer is not possible in Silverlight due to lack of server sockets (i.e. you need to employ an intermediate server anyway).

Version 2 of MsgConnect is expected in 2-3 months and once available it will work on both Silverlight and Windows Phone.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski
Created: 04/26/2012 06:26:07
by Seeker (Basic support level)
Registration date: 04/26/2012
Total messages: 2

Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait for the release.
Created: 07/16/2012 06:34:55

Idea status has been changed to In progress

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS Corporation: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 897 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|