EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Messenger DispatchMessages()

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 02/23/2010 23:24:25
by Ian  (Basic support level)

How often should I call DispatchMessages() - at the moment I call it in a separate worker thread that does nothing but suspend using WaitForSingleObject() and in the timeout case, I call DispatchMessages()...

At the moment, the timeout is set to 100ms

Everything works fine, I was just curious as to what difference if any this might make on responsiveness or anything else...?

Posted: 02/24/2010 00:35:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

DispatchMessages is supposed to be called periodically from the thread, which will be used to process incoming messages. There's no requirement for some particular interval, and 100 ms will work well.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/24/2010 04:52:52
by Ian  (Basic support level)

Great thanks!

I bought MC years ago, stopped using it when I switched companies to a bunch of other products - all of which had all sorts of problems, then came back to MC a few weeks ago primarily on 3G networks - absolutely love it, just perfect messaging paradigm for the types of apps I build!
Posted: 02/26/2010 08:23:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your kind words :)

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2668 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!