EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Stress Test Question

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 01/20/2010 08:18:36
by Malcolm Toon (Standard support level)

Hello there-
I downloaded the trial version of the MsgConnect components and ran the StressTest application. Using P2P and the default values (1 thread / 100 / 100 messages) and I'm seeing about 2 messages per second being confirmed. When I bump the thread count it's obviously faster, but my question is... is the 2 small messages per second the speed I should expect from the purchased version or are there some properties that I can set (timer/etc) that can make these transactions faster?

I also tested with 10k packet sizes and it's the same speed which makes me think there's some kind of lag somewhere and not a transport issue.

-Malcolm
Posted: 01/20/2010 09:34:04
by David Perkins (Standard support level)

The trial version limts the number of packets per second.
Posted: 01/20/2010 09:43:10
by Malcolm Toon (Standard support level)

Ah, thank you. That makes sense. Another quick question... is there any way to utilize a single MsgConnect "instance" to connect to multiple nodes? Sample Scenario: IM system.. If I have three computers, each wanting to talk to the others, would I need to spin up two complete copies of the msgconnect components for each of the two computers I want to send messages to? Maybe I'm not thinking about this right.. would each computer present a Server instance for all the other computers to send messages to and then how would I create multiple outbound Client instances, one for each computer I want to send messages to?
Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm just coming up to speed on how MsgConnect works.

Question 2: For compression and encryption, I noticed it's included in the "Commercial" license, but I didn't find anything on the pricing page that is specifically labeled "Commercial". Is commercial and company the same thing?

BTW, great job on this set of components. I really like how it mimics the Windows message queue.

Thanks again-
Malcolm
Posted: 01/20/2010 10:02:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You need just one instance of MCMessenger and InetTransport descendant (SocketTransport or HTTP Transport) on each system. Each computer can be a server for other nodes. This is one of key features of MsgConnect.

Commercial license is the one you purchase (either single-developer or company license). Another license is GPL license, but only Linux code is released under GPL. All other code is available only under commercial license.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2614 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!