EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

MsgConnect::EMC Error

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 05/07/2009 08:19:03
by xion_more  (Basic support level)

hi,
i get MsgConnect::EMC Error at memory location at 0xXYZ.
I dont get any clue regarding this.
I got server-client architecture with Http transport mode.
Each time i try to send message from http client to server. Sometime i got no server response and an error like "MsgConnect::EMC Error at memory location". Sometime i does work successfully. I need to know whether is free evaluatiion feature or something else.
Can anyone help me with ?
Posted: 05/08/2009 05:04:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I saw this error when trying to set MessengerAddress to invalid value (the address which didn't correspond to local IP address). Note that normally you don't need to set MessengerAddress. 0.0.0.0 will fit most scenarios (unless you know that you need to use the specific address). I will take a look at why such strange error is reported.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/08/2009 08:49:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You need to add try/catch statement around the calls to MsgConnect methods, and if exception is thrown, you need to handle it in your code. I don't know what exactly method causes EMCError to be thrown, but you can check ErrorCode property of EMCError exception object to find out what caused the error.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/13/2009 01:35:37

I modified the DLL and the following are the modification:--
1. try {
mc->SendMessageTimeoutCallback(dst, &uhm, 10, callback, timeoutcallback, errorcallback, 0, NULL);
}
catch(...)
{
MessageBox(NULL, _T("SendMessageTimeoutCallback failed"), _T("MsgConnect::SendCallback"), MB_OK);
}

2. try {
server_mc->DispatchMessages();
}
catch(...)
{
MessageBox(NULL, _T("DLL DispatchMessage error"), _T("DLL DISPATCH API"), MB_OK);
}

3. try
{
server_transport->setActive(true);
}
catch(MsgConnect::EMCError& e)
{
char msg[256];
MessageBox(NULL, _T("Error"), _T("EMC Error"), MB_OK);
//TRACE(_T(e.what()));

}

===============================X===========================
Still MsgConnect::EMCError exception is thrown. Please tell me what else can be done.
Posted: 05/13/2009 02:52:09

Fine, i finally figure it out which section of code giving MsgConnect::EMCError.
So, according to my observation whenever i try to send send to the listening server. The HTTP client code return MsgConnect::EMCError like
Microsoft C++ exception: MsgConnect::EMCError at memory location 0x013dfb74..
But i dont get exact ERROR response code. I can post the update client code which is inside DLL.

Can anyone explain me that ??
Posted: 05/13/2009 07:32:06

Problem solved..
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3635 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!