EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

MCtest

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/14/2009 15:19:52
by Randy Brooks (Basic support level)

Hi there,
My company has used msgconnect for a few years now. We are currently looking to use Linux for some of the client machines. I have been charged with the task of R&D here.

I have downloaded msgconnect GPL version and have tried to install it and run the demo program.

I get errors when compiling MCtest.cpp

I am using Fedora Linux 10 (Still learning linux).

I have installed msgconnect using the make command. It appears to have been successful.

I have copied MCtest into the core directory to make things easier.
On my attempt to compile I get the following

[randy@localhost Core]$ g++ MCtest.cpp -o MCtest
MCtest.cpp: In function ‘int main()’:
MCtest.cpp:45: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
MCtest.cpp:57: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
MCtest.cpp:67: error: ‘strlen’ is not a member of ‘std’

I apologize for any oversights on my part. If there is an outline to get things up and going on linux I would gladly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
Randy

This is the output when i run make: which looking at it now doesnt look so successful
[randy@localhost Linux]$ make
g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread ../MCUtils.cpp
../MCUtils.cpp: In member function ‘char* MsgConnect::EMCError::GetErrorMessage() const’:
../MCUtils.cpp:117: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:119: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:121: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:123: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:125: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:127: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:129: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:131: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:133: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:135: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:137: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:139: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:141: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:143: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:145: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:147: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:149: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:151: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:153: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:155: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:157: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:159: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:161: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:163: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:165: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:167: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:169: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:172: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCUtils.cpp:174: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread ../MCSyncs.cpp
g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread ../MCMMF.cpp
../MCMMF.cpp: In constructor ‘MsgConnect::MCMMFTransport::MCMMFTransport()’:
../MCMMF.cpp:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread ../MCStream.cpp
g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread ../MCBase.cpp
../MCBase.cpp: In constructor ‘MsgConnect::MCDirectTransport::MCDirectTransport()’:
../MCBase.cpp:2644: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
../MCBase.cpp: In function ‘void MsgConnect::MCBaseInitialization()’:
../MCBase.cpp:3311: warning: integer overflow in expression
g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread ../MCLists.cpp
g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread ../MCThreads.cpp
../MCThreads.cpp: In constructor ‘MsgConnect::MCThread::MCThread(bool, int)’:
../MCThreads.cpp:144: error: no match for ‘operator=’ in ‘((MsgConnect::MCThread*)this)->MsgConnect::MCThread::FCreateSuspendedSem = 0’
/usr/include/bits/semaphore.h:36: note: candidates are: MsgConnect::sem_t& MsgConnect::sem_t::operator=(const MsgConnect::sem_t&)
make: *** [../MCThreads.o] Error 1
Posted: 04/19/2009 02:16:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

According to the support policy only the users, who have their license tickets assigned, are eligible for standard technical support.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2423 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!