EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

GetMessageSource for Queue name?

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 11/06/2008 13:46:18
by Tim Sullivan (Standard support level)

I'm currently using GetMessageSource to fetch the address of the client sending me information. However, as noted in the documentation, this function only returns destination address, and does not contain the sender's QueueName.

Normally, this might not be an issue, but I am developing an .ocx that clients can use to transfer files from their machines to a specified server machine.
Currently, I am using SOCKET: for the communication. This object needs to support multiple instances running in seperate application spaces.
I'd like to have everyone utilize the same port (to minimize the number of ports that need to be open) and filter requests by Queue name.
Now, I can modify my transmissions to include the Queue name in the initial message, but I was hoping that there was a way to grab the Queue name from MsgConnect?

Please let me know if I need to clarify any of the above.
Posted: 11/06/2008 14:08:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) GetMessageSource is not designed to let the user determine the address of the sender. It's purpose is to return some block of data which can be used as the address to which you can send a message. But it's contents are opaque and should not be treated as a source. The reason is simple: if you have two clients behind the router, you will get the same IP (of the router) in this data block.
2) The queue name is not the attribute of the sender, so you can't find it out. The node doesn't necessarily have a queue at all (if it's intended to only send messages). Of course if the sender has several queues, your recipient needs to *know*, what queue it wants to access.

Hope this (at least partially) answers your question.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2154 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!