EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Basic Architecture

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 07/24/2008 04:58:57
by Matt Waring (Basic support level)

Hi All,

Just trialing MSGConnect, looks perfect for the task (I think), just having a little problem getting my head round the basic architecture I will need, hope someone can help.

[MY SERVICE] [API] [Q] <--> [Q] [API] [3RD PARTY 1]
[Q?] [API] [3RD PARTY 2]
[Q?] [API] [3RD PARTY 3]

As above, I will provide a server for 3rd party clients (ALL ON SAME PC AT PRESENT) which sends and recieves via MsgConnect and an API I will provide to them (API may be written to support different languages C++, .Net etc) so they dont need to understand underlying message formats etc.

Do I need 2 Q's for this (OR MORE?). A server Q for recieving and replying to client requests, and a Client one for recieving and replying to Server requests? How would each client then know a message is for them? Or do I simply need a seperate Q for each client?

Can each Q sit on the same port to listen for requests (based on its name)? or do I need a different listen port for each Q?
can each Q use the same messenger object to send/receive requests?

Sorry if this sounds basic, but very new to this.

Posted: 07/24/2008 05:18:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Queues are just dispatchers for the messages, they are not mandatory. What is mandatory is a transport. A transport is an endpoint that will send and receive messages to others.

What you need to do is:
1) setup a set of transports (MMF + socket transport in server mode) in the server (your service).
2) setup a set of transports (MMF + socket transport in client mode) in the API DLL that you provide to your 3rd-party clients.

In general, I suggest that you re-read the articles in the knowledgebase. This will let you understand the basics and ask more detailed questions. Cause for now I can tell you lots of things, but without basic knowledge they are hard to understand.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2763 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!