EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Find Destination Address In OnError event

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 07/02/2008 16:37:36
by Tim Sullivan (Standard support level)

Hi,
I found the method, GetMessageSource() which I was able to use on the receiver's side to determine the origin of the message.
Is it possible to do this, but instead grab the desitation info, on the senders side?

For example:
I'm sending a message from MachineA to MachineB, and to MachineC.
Using SendMessageTimeoutCallback, I specify an event for OnError/OnTimeout.
In that event I want to report that the message was not reveived by the destination. Is there a way to look up the destination of a message, in the OnError/OnTimeout events? Or would I have to store that information myself?
Using the example above:
MachineA receives a successful response from MachineB.
MachineA does not receive a response from MachineC, the OnTimeout event is fired, and I need to inform the user that MachineC did not respond.
One solution is to simply create a table locally that matches MsgID to Destinations, but before I did that, I wanted to know if MsgConnect already had a function that would accomplish this for me.

Thanks for you time. Please let me know if you need more info, or if my example isn't making any sense.
Posted: 07/03/2008 01:12:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, sorry, there's no such function. You can store plenty of information in the message itself so you can keep a reference to the address there. Or you can build some table if needed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2524 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!