EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

C++ FileSender Http Transport MaxMsgSize Issue

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 04/10/2008 12:15:03
by Aaron Schnarr (Basic support level)

I recently downloaded the eval of MsgConnect, and have been messing around with the C++ FileSender example. By default, the example uses Http Transport, and works fine for small and large files.
However, if you switch to Socket Transport (comment out the #define USE_HTTP) any file larger than 16k will not be sent and will cause a timeout.

Upon looking into the intitialization of the class, it appears that both Http and Socket transport are set for MaxMsgSize of 16384 (ht->setMaxMsgSize(16384);). However, in the function SendDataBlock(CElFileTransInfo* Info), the DataSize is checked against 32768.
if (left < 32768)
msg.DataSize = left;
else
msg.DataSize = 32768;

I modified this code to be:
if (left < 15768)
msg.DataSize = left;
else
msg.DataSize = 15768;

With this DataSize, the Socket Transport was able to properly transfer the file.
This would seem to indicate that Http Transport is ignoring the MaxMsgSize setting, since it was able to receive and handle messages with data almost 2x the Max size.
Is this a bug with the Http Transport, or should it behave differently than the Socket Transport in this manner?

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 04/10/2008 12:26:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for the detailed report.
Looking into the code I can't see why HTTP transport ignores MaxMsgSize. Some debugging is needed. I think this will be fixed on weekends and new build will be available somewhere next week.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/11/2008 09:13:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Fixed. This is C++-specific issue.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3144 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!