EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFSStorage::InstallDrivers error

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 01/30/2008 00:13:00
by Huy Ly (Standard support level)

Hello,

I'm trying to use SolFSDrv to implement encryption hidden Virtual File System.
I use ConvertFileNameToSystem to get the UNC path of virtual disk.But sometimes I cannot copy files from my harddisk to virtual disk. GetLastError is return "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."
And today, I cannot InstallDrivers. It always return error code 5. It also occurs with your Sample.
How can I resolve it?

Thanks,
Huy
Posted: 01/30/2008 09:07:35
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hi,

Huy Ly Thanh Xuan wrote:
I use ConvertFileNameToSystem to get the UNC path of virtual disk.But sometimes I cannot copy files from my harddisk to virtual disk. GetLastError is return "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Could you please specify the name of the files for which this error occurs?

Huy Ly Thanh Xuan wrote:
And today, I cannot InstallDrivers. It always return error code 5. It also occurs with your Sample.

This error is ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED. Maybe you call the InstallDrivers routine from a process with the nonadmin rights (more strictly the process doesn't have seLoadDriverPrivelege). Please check does the process have the necessary access rights?

Statistics

Topic viewed 2696 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!