EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Very slow operations and some problems

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/12/2008 20:53:46
by mirekk36 Mirek (Basic support level)

Hi All,

Sience some last versions of SolFS Driver Edition have I tested this,

(I make storage with variable size, with fixed size - always without compression)

but i see first:

- very very slow copying from one hard physical disc to SolFS storage with WindowsExplorer
(it's terrible - when I copy eg folder (600MB with smal files) from physical to physical disc all
work's OK and fast , but when i try to copy to SolFS storage - it goes to 14min , 20min, 17min,
38min and so on !!! after some long time all is copied ofcourse but why so long operation????

next:

- i see when i open in eg in winexplorer SolFS storage and try (afetr copying to storage) unmount thist storage (with still opened in explorer) have i big problems with windows too. Fast all stops,
sometimes Windows go to BlueScreen and restart

..... as i remember with very lower versions - copying with windows explorer was faster (i think)
I know - You must make newer versions to kill bug's and so on - but i must wait when U make version in that can i copy files (for me it not must be so fast as under normally windows) but without this very long operations etc

i'm waiting for newer versions ..... (or maybe make i some wrong?)

(please sorry for my english)

Posted: 01/13/2008 03:27:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Speed is slow when you are using a resizeable storage and don't allocate space. In this case the storage is resized with every write operation and this is slow.

I can't comment on your other text as it contains no meaningful information.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3415 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!