EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

file times Creation etc times,what format?

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 10/17/2007 07:57:11
by Mark Mckenzie (Basic support level)

I am using StorageCreateFile and I am wondering if all the times are being defaulted when created and changed when used.I can't get ctime_s to not give me bad parameter and throw an exception.I can't understand why the default class that comes with solfs would convert to local time automaticaly. The long value with or without conversion doesn't match windows time for the same time I created the file.If the time is UTC why doesn't it match(I am aware of the local time conversion and have stopped it).At this point I have been working for hours with no way to compare times :(.Please give an example using ctime_s and I will take it from there thanks.One more thing solfs explorer shows the dates correct,why is mine different.
Posted: 10/18/2007 10:41:07
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello

SolFS uses format knew as VariantTime or OleDateTime to store all date and time information. Actually SolFS DateTime type is a double where integral part of a value is the number of days that have passed since 12/30/1899. The fractional part of a value is the time of day.

You can use this function to convert SolFS DateTime to time_t

time_t ConvertDateTime(DateTime Value)
{
return (time_t)((Value - 25569.) * 86400.);
}

Posted: 10/18/2007 11:53:48
by Mark Mckenzie (Basic support level)

Plas thank you so very much!A great explanation too,and simple code thanks champ!

Statistics

Topic viewed 3598 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!