EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Release driver if program crashes

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 08/13/2007 14:14:23
by Anthoni Gardner (Basic support level)

Hi,

During development we all make mistakes (some of these are quite stupid, but that is beside the point) and when that happens the program tends to crash.

Now when this happens it does not release the driver and when the program goes to start again, it throws an EOSException. There has to be someway, upon crash, to release the driver so that the program can be re-started.

At moment I keep having to re-start my windows session which is now starting to be a pain.

Anyone any suggestions?

Regards
Anthoni
Posted: 08/13/2007 14:39:33
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am not sure that I understand the problem. The correctly written application (i.e. the one that doesn't install the driver on every run etc.) should restart flawlessly after crashing / killing. What exactly does the exception say? What method is called when the exception is reported?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/14/2007 03:52:18
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Please check value of property DestroyOnProcessTerminated in your storage. It should be True, if so storage will be destroyed automatically when your process becomes terminated, with or without crash.
Posted: 08/14/2007 12:01:30
by Anthoni Gardner (Basic support level)

Hi Plas / Eugene,

Thank you for both replying.
Unfortunately at moment I am working on a seperate problem (not related to SolFS) so I need to finish that. After which I will be back testing the SolFS and can post the exception message I get.

Thank you pointing out the property though Plas, I see tht it was originally set to False. Perhaps that will fix the problem however until I finish this other one I can not confirm that.

Thank you for your patience and your help thus far.

Regards
Anthoni
Posted: 08/24/2007 08:07:45
by Nick Tucker (Basic support level)

You might also want to try VMWare Workstation and create a virtual machine for testing, that way if the program crashes all you need do is restart the VM.. Your IDE can stay up and running and speed development times.
I find this a real time saver.
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3829 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!