EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Help needed with Sample (SolFS Driver Edition)

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/30/2007 22:28:26
by gagan (Basic support level)

I ran the Delphi sample of SolFS Driver Edition and loaded the drivers. I then created one storage. Next I mounted the storage, followed by adding a mount point as a drive K:. The option to Enable per-process access restriction was unchecked.

I then launched cmd.exe and CD'd to K:. That was successful. I then issued a dir command, that was also successful, but didn't list any files because there were none. Then I issued copy con afile.txt command. I entered a line of text, and pressed enter key. At that point I got following error:

The specified network password is not correct.
0 file(s) copied.

Any idea what is going wrong here, or am I doing anything wrong?

Gagan
-----------
Posted: 07/31/2007 03:03:35
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Is the storage encrypted? If the created storage is encrypted, it's necessary to enter the password before access to it. Unfortunately the Delphi sample of SolFS Driver Edition cannot do this now (you can do it via SolFS API).
Try to create a non encrypted storage for testing.
Posted: 07/31/2007 17:26:46
by gagan (Basic support level)

The storage is encrypted, I will try your suggestion. Meanwhile, I have a question.

How can third-party applications access the secure data if they don't know the means to provide the password?

Posted: 08/01/2007 01:22:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

gagan wrote:
How can third-party applications access the secure data if they don't know the means to provide the password?

Obviously they can't. First you need to mount the storage with your application and provide a password. Then (optionally) restrict the list of the applications that may access the storage. Then they are able to access the data.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3592 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!