EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

NTFS drive on windows

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 05/03/2016 03:03:02
by funOBH (Standard support level)

Hi,

is it possible and how to create a NTFS virtual drive on windows?
I'm using solfs os edition version 5
Posted: 05/03/2016 03:19:19
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello

SolFS doesn't implement all features of NTFS. It doesn't implement user's permissions and few other features. So, it's impossible to create virtual NTFS drive with SolFS.

Please take a look on our CallbackDisk product. It gives an ability to create virtual disk which could be formated in any filesystem.
Posted: 05/03/2016 03:48:27
by funOBH (Standard support level)

Thanks for the fast answer.

I was looking for a cross-platform solution and from what I can see CallbackDisk is Windows only.

Our need is to add some additional info to file and folder (some sort of ID and status info) and I was looking to use NTFS Alternate stream.

Is there a way to add some info using SolFS? We actually have a lite package license
Posted: 05/03/2016 04:02:47
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

SolFS has two ways to implement your needs. Fists is additional data streams which is implemented in same way as in NTFS ( filename.ext:datastream ). Second is file tags which best meet your requirements. Unfortunately, both of this features are not available in Lite package.

I welcome you to continue the conversation in the Helpdesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Helpdesk is our easy-to-use individual support system that allows communicating and exchanging sample data with our support personnel privately. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates of your support request.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1799 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!