EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

OpenStorage never returns

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/18/2007 19:14:42
by Stefan Stefan (Basic support level)

Hello!
I am evaluating SolFs. Now here's a weird problem which I consider a real showstopper. I have the following simple code and it works:
Code
Storage := TSolFSStorage.Create(nil);
try
  Storage.FileName := 'D:\TestVolume.st';
  Storage.Open(somOpenExisting);
finally
  Storage.Free;
end;

So now I just add something very simple before:
Code
TSomeThread.Create;
Sleep(500);

where TSomeThread.Execute does nothing, it just sleeps:
Code
constructor TSomeThread.Create;
begin
  inherited create(True);
  FreeOnTerminate := True;
  Resume;
end;

procedure TSomeThread.Execute;
begin
  Sleep(10000);
end;

When I do call Storage.Open now, the method never returns. It just freezes the application; no error, nothing. The callstack of the thread shows that the code of SolFS is stuck within "WaitForSingleObject".
It can be any other Thread; just the fact that beside the MainThread another one is being executed does produce this behaviour.
Many thanks for your answer!
Stefan

PS: I tried to narrow down the problem but do have no "complete picture" of the observed behaviour. One problem was that I tried to open the volume while the Application has not been started up completely (the Application MainForm has not yet been created) but this only seems to be half of the story... if I know more I will add it here...
Posted: 07/19/2007 01:06:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please specify whether you test Standard or Driver edition and what version of the product you are using.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/19/2007 01:16:00

EldoS Solid File System Driver Edition SDK - Version 1.0.12 - Released May 16, 2007
Posted: 07/19/2007 01:27:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There will be a new build available soon, it should solve the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/19/2007 07:05:53
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

I have two questions for you. Is this code running in initialization section? Is on your computer exist any other running process that use SolFSDrv?
Posted: 07/19/2007 13:38:44

Hello!
No other process is using SolFSDrv. And yes: the code is indirectly invoked during unit initialization. But as mentioned above, this is only one problem I observed. I also had this problem at another place (maybe because of a previous failed attempt which didn't return where I just killed the process...)
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3488 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!