EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Delphi 10 = Seattle? Installer Boken?

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 10/12/2015 14:16:34
by William Egge (Standard support level)

I have an application version of SolFS (5.1.147) which I originally acquired for free through a bonus offer when purchasing SecureBlackBox.

I downloaded the latest version 5.1.147 and went through the installer steps and when it showed the Delphi IDE choices I saw Delphi 10 listed and not grayed out. I have XE7, XE8, and DX10 Seattle installed. It appeared that Delphi 10 was Delphi 10 Seattle since it was not grayed out.

However, when I installed it it did not show up in Delphi Seattle 10 component palette and I also did not see a package or bpl for Seattle 10 in the installation folder.

Is the installer broken, or has my luck run out on my free bonus version?
Posted: 10/12/2015 15:41:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Neither. SolFS has not been updated to support Delphi 10 yet. The installation scripts are shared with CBFS 6, and that one has been upgraded, and that's why you see Delphi 10 listed in the installer.

It should not be hard to update SolFS and we'll try to do this in the next couple of days. There's a bad chance though, that if they have changed the way the linker works, we can be unable to link C++ code to Delphi (in which case only dynamic linkage to SolFS engine DLL will be supported).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/14/2015 05:22:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Good news - I have re-built and re-uploaded SolFS 5.1.147 . It now includes units and defines for RAD Studio 10 Seattle.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/14/2015 21:28:57
by William Egge (Standard support level)

Thanks, I installed it and it shows up in DX10. Thank you very much!

Topic viewed 3151 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!