EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CheckAndRepair function usage

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/22/2007 03:31:52
by Datta Kandalkar (Basic support level)

Hello,

I am using SolFSNet.dll whose version number is 3.1.0.79. When i am using the CheckAndRepair() function. the function leaks memory of about 4MB. I have seen this in the following way.

I have a call to this function and monitors the processes in the task manager. After executing this function the virtual memory usage is increased by 4 mb. and on each call to this function, the virtual memory usage goes on increasing for about approx 4 mb.

Please give me the solution to avoid this memory leakage.

and also please let me know when should i use this function? How should i check whether the storage is corrupted or not?

Please reply at the earliest.

Thanks
Posted: 06/22/2007 06:29:28
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

I'm not able to reproduce your problem. If your test increases only "Virtual size" parameter - it is not usage of physical memory but usage of process address space.

You should use CheckAndRepair function only if some SolFS operation throwing an exception ESolFSError with error code -3 (errStorageFileCorrupted).
Posted: 06/22/2007 07:03:50

I can directly see and compare the physical memory consumption, in the task manager utility. I am applying CheckAndRepair() the normal storage which is not corrupted.

But any way it should not consume so much memory.

Following is the process of producing this bug

i put break point on the statement before the CheckAndRepair function call.

open the task manager's process view.

then execute the CheckAndRepair function.

once this function executes, the Virtual Memory in the process view of the task manager is directly increase to about 4 mb

after executing this api, when i have a look to the process view of the task manager, the virtual memory is not reduced. But it goes on increasing on the subsequent call to the CheckAndRepair function.

Posted: 06/25/2007 10:42:21

Problem is reproduced. Now I'm working on it.
Posted: 06/26/2007 05:15:13

Dear All,

Please speed up the work, as my project is getting out of schedule due to this bug.

Also one more thing, We are facing same proble with the SolFSStream.Write method. It is also increasing the virtual memory. so, please go through it.

Thanks
Posted: 06/28/2007 04:26:18

Problem is fixed. New build where various .NET problems are fixed will be available soon.
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4693 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!