EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

set_PartSize

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 05/29/2015 04:50:59
by Robert Prueckl (Standard support level)

Hi all,

I started evaluating SolFS today with the trial license.
I am using C++ with the SolFSClass.
I am missing the property setter and getter for PartSize in the implementation although the documentation says that they should be there. PLease can you advice me a workaround for that.
I know that I can supply partSize in the constructor of the class, however I would like to open my storages with the Open method.

thanks in advance
Robert
Posted: 05/29/2015 04:56:11
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello

Which edition you use App or OS?

The storage once created as parted stores the size of the part in the storage's header. You haven't set PartSize before opening such storage. The size of the part will be read from the header and then used for all operations.
Posted: 06/02/2015 06:45:04
by Robert Prueckl (Standard support level)

I am using Application edition.

Yes, I know that, but meant something different.

The point is that the C++ class constructor doesn't allow using the method StorageCreateParted(). I was asking if you can provide code for the C++ class that is able to do this or if we have to implement that by our own (i.e. a constructor that allows creating parted storages)
Posted: 06/03/2015 00:39:13
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk

Statistics

Topic viewed 3922 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!