EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

OS version multi-threading

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/11/2015 02:23:39
by Tom Miller (Basic support level)

I have switched from using the App Version to the OS Version, but with running Async test and throwing timers around the inserting of 100k files for 3 minutes, 10 mb. files for 3 minutes. I am not seeing any improvement from switching to using the OS driver dll. Why does is not appear to be any faster?
Posted: 05/11/2015 02:31:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It was mentioned before (in one of your previous forum posts) that OS edition will not be faster. OS edition serves the other purpose - to make it possible for multiple applications access the storage concurrently via regular OS APIs. In most cases OS edition will be slower than Application edition.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/12/2015 14:07:41
by William Egge (Standard support level)

I don't know what the Async test is, but it sounds like a multi-threading test. I think its important to note that SolFS is thread safe but based on my testing it does not scale with multiple threads. This can be the cause of your Async test not performing as expected.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Posted: 10/12/2015 15:34:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SolFS is multithreaded and performs tasks in different threads in parallel. However there exist global objects (like a list of pages) which must be locked when the operation is performed on them. So it's not exactly clear, what you mean by "does not scale with multiple threads".

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4004 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!