EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Example of using callbacks on OS X?

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 03/26/2015 17:31:25
by tagnal (Standard support level)

Is there an example or sample code on how to implement the callbacks on OS X? I want to use custom encryption for the storage.
Posted: 03/27/2015 02:16:22
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello

Actually, encryption callbacks don't depend on operation system. Windows setup package includes such example. Is it possible for you to check Windows package?
Posted: 03/27/2015 14:56:10
by tagnal (Standard support level)

Is it possible to get the example without having to run the Windows setup? I tried downloading the solfsos_win_eval.zip. It only contains a txt file and a Windows executable that will not run on my Mac.

-----

I guess some of the questions I have are these:
If I only care about the callbacks for the custom encryption, I only need to set callbacks for the 2 hash, encrypt and decrypt functions and I can ignore the rest? And when opening/creating a storage, I do not need to open it in CB mode. I just open it normally and call the StorageSetCustomEncryptionHandlers(), correct?

Is there something specific that I need to pass in for (SolFSCallbackDataType) UserData when calling StorageSetCustomEncryptionHandlers()?
Posted: 03/28/2015 03:41:56
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

I need to move the threat in our HelpDesk in order to provide the example.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2548 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!