EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

UNC path in windows

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/12/2014 02:56:59
by manish mahor (Standard support level)

Hello

I am using windows OS (home premium edition) and i am using SolFS (Operating System edition) for Windows Version 5.0.135.

I can mount the storage file when i am giving mounting path like "L:".

Now i want to mount storage file in UNC path but i am getting error in that.

I have apply code in different ways but i am still getting error

Code
1 : Storage->AddMountingPoint(L"\\\.\\testing");

Code
2 : Storage->AddMountingPoint(L"\\\MANISH-VAIO\\Users\\Manish\\temp");

Code
3 : Storage->AddMountingPoint(L"\\\127.0.0.1\\Manish");

in All cases i am getting error.

see attachment for network path of temp folder.

Please suggest.

Posted: 12/12/2014 03:10:55
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please refer to documentation:

https://www.eldos.com/documentation/so...oints.html

The functions, which work with mounting volumes, accept point names with "\\.\" part omited.
To add a new hidden mounting point call AddMountingPoint() and pass "SolFS_Volume1" as the name, eg. AddMountingPoint("SolFS_Volume1"). If you want to delete the name "\\.\SolFS_Volume1", call DeleteMountingPoint() method and pass "SolFS_Volume1" as the name, eg. DeleteMountingPoint("SolFS_Volume1").

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/12/2014 03:20:45
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Storage->AddMountingPoint(L"qwerty");
In this case the storage will be accessible by the use of "\\.\qwerty" path. Unfortunately such mounting points don't work with Shell Extension API (like ShellExecuteEx). For example you can't use it in File Explorer.

Storage->AddMountingPoint(L"X:;server_name;share_name", SOLFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK, NULL);
or
Storage->AddMountingPoint(L";server_name;share_name", SOLFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK, NULL);
In this case the real UNC path will be created. In addition in the first example a drive letter will be created too. The storage is accessible by means of the "\\server_name\share_name" path.

For additional information read the article "Mounting Points (Operating System Edition only)" in the documentation.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3190 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!