EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

OS X solfs_mount sample

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 12/05/2014 15:52:48
by tagnal (Standard support level)

I am trying to explore the functionality of the OS version of SolFS on a mac and have a question about the solfs_mount console sample app. The arguments it takes are:
Usage: solfs_mount [-<switch 1> ... -<switch N>] <storage file name> <mounting point 1> [<mounting point 2> ... <mounting point N>]

My question is, what is the value of <mounting point 1> that I would use? Do you have a sample of how I would use it?
Posted: 12/06/2014 01:55:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Mounting point name is the name of the empty folder whose contents will be "populated" (in fact they will not be copied but just exposed this way) with the files from the SolFS Storage.

Please remember that you need to install OSXFUSE with "MacFUSE compatibility layer" in order to use SolFS OS edition. OSXFUSE lives here: https://osxfuse.github.io/

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/08/2014 16:03:11

Thanks Eugene. Creating an empty directory and pointing to that directory worked.

After playing around with it for a while, I've noticed some strange behavior. After clicking the up arrow on the mounted drive to unmount the storage, the finder window doesn't update. I can change folders and go back, but it still shows the SolFS Storage there. However, if I go into 'text edit' and use the open dialog window and navigate there, it correctly shows the folder I mounted to and not the mounted storage.

Also, when re-mounting the storage, i can see only one file in the storage. None of the directories are visible. If I open the file and save it, (I was using a text file) then the finder window would populate the rest of the files/directories.

If, after unmounting, I delete the folder I mount to and recreate it, the next time I mount the storage it properly displays all the files/directories.
Posted: 12/16/2014 15:56:20

for anyone else who runs into this, the work around I'm using for now is to programmatically create the folder before adding the mounting point, and then when the storage is closed, programmatically delete the folder.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3822 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!