EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem in opening SolidFS.

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 05/28/2007 05:16:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The developer says that this is .NET-generated exception and the error code is the default one (meaning "oops, I failed again"). Does the problem happen with some particular data storage or with any storage file? I.e. can it be that the problem is specific to this file?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/28/2007 05:40:06
by Datta Kandalkar (Basic support level)

I have tried using different storage files, and i am getting this exception on all the storage files which i am using, please let us know your further comments.

I would like to eloborate few things here.

I am having a Service application and the GUI application. GUI request's for the files from the Eldos Storage. In this response, Service opens the Storage and provides the file to the GUI. Now when I Close the GUI Application and again execute it, At this 2nd attempt, i get the IOException,

When the GUI is closed at the time when service is doing any I/O with Storage, and again starts GUI which give request to the service who tries to open the eldos storage. we get this IOException

Thanks

Datta K.
Posted: 05/28/2007 09:33:54

I still think that your service has not properly closed and released the storage file. And when you attempt to re-open this file, you get an error. We will make some modifications to the code in order to retrieve more information about the error. Stay tuned.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/28/2007 23:49:34

Dear Sir,

If storage file is not properly closed or released by the service and the service itself try to reopen it, then is there any way to close the previously opened storage and release it and then open it? Please help me at the earliest.

In my openstorage routine, i first try to close the opened storage and then open it, which is not working here.

Thanking you.

Datta K.
Posted: 05/29/2007 01:36:01

If you have released the SolFSStorage object to the garbage collector, then you have no control over the storage anymore.

How are you closing the storage? Do you call Close() method?

I can suggest that you run your code not in the service, but in regular mode, and debug it to see that the storage is closed.

Also, as I said, we will create extended error reporting in a couple of days. This will let us find the reason of the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/29/2007 04:21:22

Yes, I am using the Close() function to close the storage. Is there any other way to close the storage?

Please read the message in the same subject, dated 05/28/2007 05:40:06. It describes the complete scenario of the storage close process.

Situation is that, my service is running at the backend and it opens the storage on GUI's request, Now if my GUI is closed forcefully in between and in this case the storage remains open in the service. When the GUI starts for the second time, i get the IOException.

Thanks

Datta K
Posted: 06/01/2007 08:11:45

Dear Sir,

We are in contact with you regarding the SolidFS IOException since last few weeks. Please refer the questions on this forum. But since last 2 days we have not received any feedback from your side.

We are the licensed user of SolidFS. We are ready to pay and get the help. Is there any way to get the paid help on SolidFS? Please let us know.

Please do the needful at the earliest.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully,

Datta Kandalkar.
Posted: 06/01/2007 11:56:02

If you want the problem to be solved faster, create a test case that illustrates the problem.

Build 79 is available for download (although the site can say that it's build 78 but this is because I have not changed the numbers). In build 79 the exception, which occurs internally in .NET, is passed to the application as-is, with more error-specific information included. Please check that information again as you did at the beginning of the forum topic.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 13768 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!