EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem in opening SolidFS.

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 05/21/2007 08:18:49
by Datta Kandalkar (Basic support level)

Dear Sir,

Sometimes i try to open the Solid File System i.e the .st file i am getting the exception as "System.IO.IOException". I am using SolidFS for .Net. The code i am using is as below

Storage->FileName = strStorage;
Storage->Logo = "";
Storage->PageSize = 512;
Storage->UseTransactions = false;
Storage->PathSeparator = '\\';
Storage->UseTransactions = true;
Storage->UseAccessTime = false;
Storage->ReadOnly = false;
Storage->Open(StorageOpenMode::somOpenExisting);

where strStorage is the complete path of .st file. Also i get this problem sometimes only and not regularly.

Also some time i get the exception as "corrupted storage" when i try to read the file from the solfs. How should i solve this problem? Please give me some clue and help me out.

Thanks

Datta K.
Posted: 05/21/2007 08:45:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1. IOException has a message, associated with it. Please check and tell us the exact message or error code. It's possible that you are attempting to open the storage, that is already opened by the other process (or the previous instance of your process which has not been shut down properly in IDE).

2. Storage corruption can mean
a) real corruption of the file system structures
b) that the storage has not been closed properly.

In both cases CheckAndRepair method should help.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/22/2007 01:43:04

I am trying to use the CheckAndRepair API, but i am getting the error. I have the object of SolFS::SolFSStorage. Its name is "Storage". I call the CheckAndRepair function as shown below . Storage->CheckAndRepair(strStorage,512,2); where strStorage is the path of the .st file. Now when i compile the program i get the error as "error C2661: 'SolFS::SolFSStorage::CheckAndRepair' : no overloaded function takes 3 arguments"

Please look into it.

Thanks.

Datta K
Posted: 05/22/2007 02:09:03

Please pass a password to the storage (or empty string if no password is set) as the fourth parameter.
There's also an overload function which accepts just flags as a single parameter.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/22/2007 05:20:00

Dear Sir,

Please give me some solution for this problem, The problem I first close the already opened SolFS, But sometimes when i try to open this already closed SolFS, i get the exception as "System.IO.IOException".

Also I just want to know whether the CheckAndRepair() function should be called on successfully opened Solfs only. because if i get the above mentioned exception, that means my solfs is not successfully opened and when i call the CheckAndRepair() function on this closed solfs i get the exception as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.". So please help me out.

Thanks

Datta K
Posted: 05/22/2007 06:45:41
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Datta Kandalkar wrote:
Also I just want to know whether the CheckAndRepair() function should be called on successfully opened Solfs only.

CheckAndRepair() should be called only on closed SolFS object.
Please check error message and HResult field of your System.IO.IOException. This will help us to understand nature of problem.
Posted: 05/23/2007 00:32:23

Dear Sir,

I am getting the exception when i call CheckAndRepair() function on the closed Solfs object. The exception is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." and the HResult value is "-2147467261". The code snippet which i am using is as below.

Storage->Close();
Storage->CheckAndRepair(strStorage,512,2,"");

While executing the second statement, i am getting the above mentioned exception. Please provide me the solution to use the CheckAndRepair() function.

Thanks

Datta K.
Posted: 05/23/2007 04:10:12

Dear Sir,

As per your request, i am sending you the exception details. The Exception message is "Exception of type System.IO.IOException was thrown." and the HResult value is -2146232800. This is the exception which i receive sometimes when i try to open the Solfs.

Please verify it and give me the reply.

Thanks

Datta K.

Posted: 05/24/2007 03:46:35

It looks like the file is blocked. Try to open the storage in Notepad if you get this exception.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/28/2007 03:44:43

Dear Sir,

When i get the above mentioned IOException, and when i open the storage in notepad, it is successfuly opened in notepad, So, now please tell me how to proceed to overcome this exception.

Please reply at the earliest.

Thanks,

Datta K
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 13726 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!