EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Utility program?

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 10/14/2014 13:30:35
by John Lagerquist (Standard support level)

I am new to SolFS and just installed SolFS for evaluation. While I know I can do it in code, I don't see any applications to allow me to create or browse storage files. Did I miss something?

I see some references in the forum to an application called SolFS Explorer but it is not in my install. Is this tool available separately?
Posted: 10/14/2014 13:35:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Compiled SolFSExplorer application is installed in the package which is available to licensed customers. The reason is that we had some script kiddies trying to open storages created by our clients' software, and they needed a tool for this. So we don't distribute SolFSExplorer in compiled form now.

There's a sample for VCL and .NET APIs in Samples folder, that does what's needed.
Also the latest build comes with a sample storage (also in Samples folder) that you can use for initial tests.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/15/2014 16:20:49
by John Lagerquist (Standard support level)

Thanks, I didn't see it in the samples as I had not installed VCL and .NET, just the C/C++ lib stuff. Re-installed and have it up and going.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2181 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!