EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFS does not work with Windows Evaluation edition (expired)

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 10/08/2014 09:04:38
by TPH (Basic support level)

I am evaluating SolFS (OS edition) with Windows. For testing purposes, I use clean instances of Windows evaluation editions on virtual machines. Expired Windows evaluation installations will shut down approximately 1 hour after boot, but this is fully acceptable for testing purposes. It permits me to test on a variety of platforms without spending money on each/every edition. And it is compliant with Windows licensing, too, so it is a very good approach for me.

HOWEVER - SolFS (OS) does not work in these environments. I have compiled the Sample Application "SimpleMounter" and attempted to run it on my test instances. It immediately pops up "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application..." "(Windows Evaluation Notification) The evaluation period for this installation of Windows has expired..."

SolFS fails then to mount any container.

This seems to bother ONLY SolFS.... every other application/sdk I use runs fine in the virtual machine.

This seems odd. Can you fix this behavior of SolFS?
Posted: 10/09/2014 08:55:37
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for interesting of our product. I will move this question to HelpDesk (create a ticket for it) and write an answer there.
Posted: 10/09/2014 11:46:37

Thank you.

Would you please post an update here when the help desk ticket is ready for viewing?
Posted: 10/09/2014 11:52:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The forum doesn't work this way. You'll get notifications via the helpdesk mechanism.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/10/2014 06:20:52

I apologize for the confusion. As I am relatively new to the Eldos forum, I remain uncertain.... should there be a ticket for me to view at this time? I see nothing at help desk. Not sure if I am doing something incorrectly.
Posted: 10/10/2014 06:35:42
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Either something is wrong with our HelpDesk system (for some reason it hasn't sent you a notification) or the email specified in your profile isn't valid.
If the email is correct please check the spam folder.
Thanks.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2940 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!