EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Container closing unexpectedly (OS version)

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 09/27/2014 08:29:46
by TPH (Basic support level)

My application opens an existing container using the flow in SimpleMounter example. My container contains a file-system database and other unrelated files. The container opens successfully. I am able to successfully add mounting points.

BUT - once I attempt to access the database from within my application, the container dismounts (and perhaps closes also) without any error being thrown. The container intermittently and unexpectedly dismounts/closes also after a simple drag-and-drop.

As a test, I extracted the solffs code and placed it in a separate project. If I run that application to open the container, it does then REMAIN MOUNTED during DB accesses.

What do you suppose might be going on?
Posted: 09/29/2014 06:10:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

It can be either specific compilation settings of your project that affect the behavior, or memory corruption taking place in your application and breaking some functionality which happens to be SolFS-related functionality.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/29/2014 06:27:04
by TPH (Basic support level)

Let's set aside the possibility of memory corruption caused by my app. It is in VB.net and the failure point comes very early on in the launch cycle. Not much has yet happened.

Are you able to give suggestions as to specific compilation settings that may affect SolFS?

And, barring that, is there logging functionality which may be enabled to cause SolFS to log results of internal operations or other useful data?

Do you have any troubleshooting suggestions?
Posted: 09/29/2014 07:01:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry but if the problem happens only in your project and doesn't happen on a test case, then you need to search for the problem within your code. We can't do much here to help you.

SolFS doesn't have any logging that could help you in this, I am sorry.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2311 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!