EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Solid File System - Max file size for virtual disk

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 05/17/2007 05:20:35
by Joss Burnett (Basic support level)

Hi, I have been running some test programs to create and read files from our Solid FS.

I am using a dynamic disk (i.e. Not fixedFormat) and whenever the base store file gets to 4Gb - it becomes "corrupted" and can no longer be opened (or CheckedAndRepaired).

I am wondering if I have configured the file incorrectly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the SolFS from C#, I have a page size of 8192 bytes (entirely arbitrarily).
Posted: 05/17/2007 06:01:26
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Joss Burnett wrote:
I am using the SolFS from C# ...

Hello. Please specify what the edition of the product (driver or standart edition) you have used?
Posted: 05/17/2007 06:15:52

Sorry, I forgot about that. I am currently using an evaluation version of the Standard Edition.
Posted: 05/17/2007 07:01:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SolFS was tested with storage (and even individual file) sizes of over 4 Gb and this exposed no problems. If you can create a small test project that reproduces the issue, please send it to us via HelpDesk

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/17/2007 08:10:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The developer has reported, that .NET wrapper in SolFS Standard indeed has a bug that could cause the issue that you reported. There will be new build, fixing this bug, later today or tomorrow.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/18/2007 01:52:14

Many thanks for the fast response.

Joss Burnett
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 3975 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!