EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Using CallbackFileSystem and Solid File System Together

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 05/15/2007 03:34:39
by Joss Burnett (Basic support level)

Hi,

Does anybody knoe the correct way to set attributes correctly in the GetFileInfo callback in CBFS? I am simply using the following:
FileAttributes = Convert.ToUInt32(store.GetFileAttributes(stripRoot));
where "store" is a Solid File System storage object (SolFSStorage).

I do not believe that this is correct because on my file listings directories are not being displayed as folders by explorer and also, when attempting to delete a file/or folder the "CanFileBeDeleted" is called (and I set CanBeDeleted to true) but the "DeleteFile" callback is not called, making me suspect that I am returning incorrect information about the file at some point during the callback sequence.

Hope you can help.

Posted: 05/15/2007 09:41:39
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Joss Burnett wrote:
Does anybody knoe the correct way to set attributes correctly in the GetFileInfo callback in CBFS? I am simply using the following: FileAttributes = Convert.ToUInt32(store.GetFileAttributes(stripRoot)); where "store" is a Solid File System storage object (SolFSStorage).

Hello. You can use the functions from the attached file to convert a file attributes from the SolFS format to the system format and vice versa.

[ Download ]
Posted: 05/15/2007 09:52:27
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Joss Burnett wrote:
... when attempting to delete a file/or folder the "CanFileBeDeleted" is called (and I set CanBeDeleted to true) but the "DeleteFile" callback is not called ...

A file/directory probably will not be removed after the CanFileBeDeleted callback call. For example the system shell, before moving a file to the recycle bin, makes a call of this function to be covinced that the file can be removed.
Posted: 05/15/2007 09:53:21
by Joss Burnett (Basic support level)

Great, thanks very much, i'll implement it straight away.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4121 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!