EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

C# ConvertFileNameToString

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 09/11/2014 20:14:47
by Seyob Kim (Basic support level)

Hi there,
When I tried to use SolFSStorage.ConvertFileNameToStorage, it throws always below exception.
Code
System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
  HResult=-2147467261
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=SolFS5DrvNet
  StackTrace:
       at StorLibGetSymLinkFull(UInt32 StorageId, UInt32 Index, UInt32* Flags, _LUID* AuthenticationId, UInt32* BufferLen, Char* Buffer)
       at KSolDiskGetSymLink(UInt32 StorageId, UInt32 Index, UInt32* Flags, _LUID* AuthenticationId, UInt32* BufferLen, Char* Buffer)
       at InternalGetMountingPoint(KStorageStruct* Storage, UInt32 Index, Char** MountingPointBuffer, UInt32* MountingPointBufferSize)
       at StorageConvertFileNameToStorage(Void* StorageHandle, Char* SystemFileName, Char* StorageFileNameBuffer, UInt32* StorageFileNameBufferSize)
       at SolFSDrv.SolFSStorage.ConvertFileNameToStorage(String systemFileName)

Is this related with that I'm running Solid File System OS Edition on Parallels virtual machine with Windows 8.1?

Here is my problematic sample code. (so simple!)
Code
OpenFileDialog dlgFileOpen = new System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog();
if (dlgFileOpen.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
{
      string sys_filename = dlgFileOpen.FileName;
      string filename = m_Storage.ConvertFileNameToStorage(sys_filename);
}
Posted: 09/11/2014 20:16:40
by Seyob Kim (Basic support level)

Additionally I'm using C# with VS2012 and SolFS5DrvNet.dll of .Net4.5 x64 version 5.0.134.0.
Posted: 09/11/2014 22:07:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

Let's continue in HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ) please. I have created a new support ticket based on your above message. You will see your (and only your) support tickets by following this URL. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates related to your support ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2091 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!