EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFS Volume Name

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 08/31/2014 08:43:21
by Manoj Jain (Standard support level)

I am using code similar to SimpleMounter

I am getting drive displayed as below in explorer

"SolFS for Windows © EldoS Cor(K:)"

How can I give custom specific name and make sure that it is displayed same all the time.

Also how to fix the drive letter same all the time.. (in this case K:)

Can I use File tags?
Posted: 08/31/2014 11:57:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

IIRC this is copied from the text of the Logo which you set for the container. The developers will correct me tomorrow, if I am wrong.

The drive letter is always shown.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/01/2014 00:50:44
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Manoj Jain wrote:
How can I give custom specific name and make sure that it is displayed same all the time.

You can use the SolFSStorage.Logo property to change this value.

Manoj Jain wrote:
Also how to fix the drive letter same all the time.. (in this case K:)

Save somewhere in your own settings the preferred drive letter and use it (by calling the AddMountingPoint method) all the time when the SolFS virtual disk is created. Of course if it's occurred in future that the drive letter has already been used by another disk then your application should choose another driver letter. In order to check available driver letter you can use the system GetLogicalDrives API.
Posted: 09/01/2014 02:24:03
by Manoj Jain (Standard support level)

Can i use File tags to store text for "logo" and drive letter

I will retrieve it from the file tags before mounting.

This will make sure that .st file mounted on any system will have same name and drive letter... possible?
Posted: 09/01/2014 02:29:23
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The logo is set when you create a volume and it's stored in the second page of the storage. So the volume label will be the same on any system.

Other information (such as preferred drive letter for mounting) can be stored in a root data stream (see OpenRootData method). Another question is that to read the drive letter you will need to mount the disk to the hidden mounting point first, then read the volume label and then add the disk-based mounting point.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2938 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!