EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Getting Java dates from SolFSStorageSearch date fields

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 05/26/2014 18:11:20
by Jeff Garbers (Priority Standard support level)

The SolidFS documentation says that the modification, creation, and last access timestamps in the SolFSStorageSearch object are stored as doubles, but it doesn't explain how that double value represents a date. How can these values be converted to a Java "Date" object? Thanks!
Posted: 05/27/2014 06:14:24
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello

Thank you for the report, appropriate members of Java Date type will be added in the next build. I let you know when next build will be ready.
Posted: 05/27/2014 07:36:07

Thank you, but is there anything I can do while I'm waiting for built-in support? We're under a tight deadline. I'm fine doing whatever math is necessary to convert the double to a Date; I just need to know what the number represents.
Posted: 05/27/2014 07:44:02
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Double values are OLEDATE . The integer part is the number of days since 30th of December 1899 (ask Microsoft, why this date) and the fractional part is the number of milliseconds since midnight. We have some C++ code for converting those date, so we just need to export them.

As for your note regarding the deadline - you don't seem to have acquired a licensed, have you? If you have a license, please link the license ticket to your user account. The ticket itself and the procedure of its use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your source code) for a license ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/27/2014 10:28:58

I've added the license ticket to my account.
Posted: 05/27/2014 12:03:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you. Seems that this StackOverflow post and this source code will help you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3765 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!