EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Issues with installing drivers

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/06/2014 09:38:08
by Peter Flynn (Basic support level)

Hi

I have created an installer for solFS OS edition (I raised a ticket on this before) and it works on some machines and not on others.

it has installed on a Windows 7 and 8 machine fine but on others it gives the following messages saying "could not Load file or assembly "SolFS5DrvNet.dll" or one of its dependencies" (see attached image) Error number - -532462766 gets returned from the failure to the app that launched my installer?

This file and the solFS cab file are located in the same folder as the exe I run (with admin privileges)

The machine in Question has Dot net 4.5 on it so are there other dlls that I need to package with my build?

Can you look into this and see if you can help me diaganose this as we are in the process of purchasing this for use in our project.

Regards

Peter

Posted: 05/06/2014 10:16:23
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello

Event name CLR20r3 on your screenshot looks like .NET 2.0 is used. Could you please recheck version of .NET used by your app and installed in the OS.

Recheck please also that your application has same architecture (32 or 64 bit) as SolFS5DrvNet.dll. If you compile your .NET app for "Any CPU" you must provide the DLL which has same architecture as the OS installed.
Posted: 05/06/2014 10:20:43
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Peter,

Look at eventvwr.exe for the logs associated with your installer. Perhaps it contains more detailed information.
The most probable reasons are:
1. There are two versions of SolFS5DrvNet.dll - for 32- and 64-bit platforms. In the case your .NET application is compiled as for "any platform" then at the execution time the .NET virtual machine (CLR) makes on the fly the 32- or 64-bit native code based on the platform where it's run. The problem occurs if, for example, the 32-bit SolFS5DrvNet.dll is linked with the application on 64-bit platform. In order to resolve it create in Configuration Manager strictly the 32-bit environment, so your application will always be compiled in runtime as 32-bit.

2. Perhaps the Visual C runtime components are not installed on the machine where the problem occurs. In order to resolve it see https://www.eldos.com/documentation/cb...edist.html

Statistics

Topic viewed 2513 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!