EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Create custom menu in Windows Explorer?

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 04/09/2014 10:37:01
by Dan  (Basic support level)

I'm not sure if this is completely separate issue from this product, but after mounting a virtual drive, I want to provide a custom menu inside of Windows Explorer when user clicks on certain items in my virtual drive. I want to do this using C# .NET. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.
Posted: 04/09/2014 10:43:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What you need is a shell extension.

There exist several components on the market for creating shell extension (besides plain Windows API). Our company doesn't offer such components due to low demand.

Due to the nature of .NET Framework Microsoft does not recommend writing shell extensions in .NET because version conflicts between .NET framework versions within one instance of Explorer are possible.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/09/2014 11:13:54
by Dan  (Basic support level)

Thank you for the advice. One other thing, that is related to this question and more appropriate to ask you, how do identify a mounting point as being made by my application for SolFS and then having the shell extension "know" this? For example, I want certain shell extension like context menu to only be visible when someone right clicks on an item in my virtual drive, but no other drives. Is this based on a GUID somewhere?
Posted: 04/10/2014 03:08:00
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

See the SolFSStorage.IsSolFSVolume method.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2510 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!