EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Running VMware from SolFS / SolFS File System

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 03/25/2014 10:31:43
by Simon King (Basic support level)

Thanks for the information, that makes sense.

In order to ensure the broadest compatibility, would it be possible for SolFS to add an option to report its file system as NTFS selectively for applications (or globally), to work around this limitation?

I understand security is unsupported.

Perhaps, SolFS could also report its file system as another kind of file system - exFAT comes to mind? exFAT does not present any limitations on file size (well it does, but not this small), and security is optional on exFAT, so it would be OK to report it and not implement security.

Please let me know if this would be possible?
Posted: 03/25/2014 10:49:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Simon King wrote:
would it be possible for SolFS to add an option to report its file system as NTFS selectively for applications (or globally), to work around this limitation?

No, sorry.

Simon King wrote:
Perhaps, SolFS could also report its file system as another kind of file system - exFAT

It's not clear how this can affect third-party applications (with NTFS we at least know what to expect, but not with exFAT).

BTW Callback File System lets you specify the name of the filesystem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/25/2014 11:38:53
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Reporting exFAT file system resolves the problem with VMWare. We have decided to add SetFileSystemName method. It will be available in the next build.
Posted: 03/25/2014 12:09:16
by Simon King (Basic support level)

That is wonderful news, thank you very much! May I inquire as to when the ETA for the next build is, so I may continue with my testing?

Statistics

Topic viewed 7234 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!