EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFS and ShellExecute

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 11/28/2013 01:12:24
by Roman Kassebaum (Basic support level)

Hi,

I'm using the SolFS trial version. I created a storage with an exe and some runtime dll inside. Now I would like to run the exe with ShellExecute or CreateProcess. Is this possible?

--
Thanks,

Roman
Posted: 11/28/2013 01:14:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, with OS edition you can create a virtual disk (add a UNC mounting point to hide presence of the disk from the user) and run the EXE or load the DLL from that disk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/29/2013 00:29:18
by Roman Kassebaum (Basic support level)

Yes, with OS edition you can create a virtual disk (add a UNC mounting point to hide presence of the disk from the user) and run the EXE or load the DLL from that disk.

Bu then I have to install the driver, need admin rights and have to reboot the system, haven't I?

--
Thanks,

Roman
Posted: 11/29/2013 00:48:54
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

You need the admin rights only when the driver is installed. I.e. you can do it once during your product installation.
System reboot is sometimes required during the driver uninstallation or upgrading. And it occurs only when the present in the system driver is still being used by someone.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2685 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!