EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

StorageAddMountingPoint on OSX

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 08/16/2013 17:58:08
by Charles Reimers (Basic support level)

I am working on OSX with SolFS OS version. I've managed to get the file system opened and added a mounting point into an existing directory.

err = StorageOpen((PSolFSWideChar)lPath, &mStorage, sep, false, false);

err = StorageAddMountingPointEx(mStorage, (PSolFSWideChar)lMountPoint, 0, NULL);

The only trouble is that the mounted directory is read-only for some reason.

Can you give me suggestions as to where to start looking?

As a side note, the sample app, solfs_mount is able to mount the directory such that it is readable, using the same calls and arguments.

Posted: 08/19/2013 05:53:48
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The developer will take a look at the issue later today. Meanwhile you say that solfs_mount creates "readable" directory - did you mean "writable"? If yes, then the simplest way is to find the difference between the sample and your code or try to replicate the sample as close as possible in your code.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/19/2013 07:52:27
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Could you please tell me the version of OS and FUSE which are used, specify please all the attributes of mounting point directory, output of ls -l and xattr commands will be useful.
Posted: 08/19/2013 13:36:02
by Charles Reimers (Basic support level)

Hey Alexander,

I'm using osxfuse-2.6.0 and solfsdrv_macos 1.5.16.

I'm mounting to ~/Desktop/test with both my own application and solfs_mount.

The command line for solfs_mount is:
./solfs_mount -c -d -l CITest -ps test ~/Library/Application Support/Clique/SolFSTest.st ~/Desktop/test/

drwxrwxrwx 2 root wheel 0 Aug 19 11:29 test
xattr test - gives no output

versus the call series from my own code:
err = StorageCreate((PSolFSWideChar)mPath.utf16(), true, 1024,
&mStorage, sep, false, false);
where mPath = "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Clique/SolFSTest.st"
sep = '/'

drwxrwxrwx 2 root wheel 0 Aug 19 11:29 test
xattr test - gives no output

Yet, inside the directory, I am unable to create/edit a file.

Here is a question that has occurred to me... Is it possible to create a mountpoint on a storage under OSX even if the passphrase for the storage is incorrect?

Posted: 08/20/2013 10:17:54
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to Helpdesk
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Topic viewed 2797 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!