EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Play Video from inside SolFS

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/23/2013 20:36:12
by Robb Rinard (Basic support level)

Hello, I'm using the Solid File System and storing media files inside an encrypted file (both images and video).

My app is a C# application running on Windows 7.

Does anyone have any ideas how to play a video from a file stored inside SolFS without first copying the file out to the local file system?

My preference is to play the file back thru any of the derivatives of the Windows Media Player .... meaning: Direct Show, Media Player SDK, WPF, etc.

The SolFS API provides the SolFSStream but I cannot locate any media player API that allows me to pass a FileStream in as the source for playing the movie.

thanks for any help!
Posted: 07/24/2013 00:45:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) With SolFS OS Edition you can mount the drive and use any video playback mechanism that reads files from the disk. You can restrict access to disk contents to only player process if needed.

2) With SolFS Application edition you can use DirectX video playing right in your application (or create a separate application for this). DirectX supports reading the data from any sources by using the reading functions provided by you. I am not a directX expert so I can't give you particular instructions regarding how to do this, but I know this is possible.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1835 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!