EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFSStorage with QT

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 05/30/2013 04:55:09
by Subrat P (Basic support level)

Hi,
I am building a custom application in QT using SolFSStorage.
called the Open() method as described.
File is being created.
But my application is crashing there after in the Opened(bool created) function.

Is it a matter with UAC or something else.
I am using QT, so from there i am not able to fetch the error message.

Any help would be great.

Posted: 05/30/2013 04:58:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately your description provides absolutely no information about the issue. What I can suggest is build a small test case without QT and call the same code there.

Also, if you have a license, please link the license ticket to your user account. The ticket itself and the procedure of its use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your source code) for a license ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/31/2013 01:00:07

I was debugging, and i found that the storageHandle value seems kind of not regular.
On entry to function Create() value was
storageHandle - 4294967295
After calling StorageCreat() value was
storageHandle - 9309904

is a proper handle not being generated and attached?
Posted: 05/31/2013 01:01:12

Why you expect the handle to be the same? What are you talking about in general - your messages contain no information about the problem and the configuration.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/31/2013 01:06:24

I was not expecting it to be the same though...
And as i have said, i am simply passing the required params to Open() function as described.
apps crashing in the Opened(), which i thought may be because of the handle error.

after making the file the application is crashing in Opened().
what configuration is further required??
Posted: 05/31/2013 01:13:59

Huh.

To get an adequate answer, please describe situation in details. Simply stating that "it does not work" provides very little information. For fast and efficient support we would like to ask you for the following:

- Please specify the EldoS product name, version, platform, edition, or code package;
- Provide name and version of the operating system, name and version of the development tool that you use;
- If our product is used in conjunction with some other software, please specify the name and version of that software too;
- Send us step-by-step instructions how we can reproduce the problem. It is helpful to include small test project, screenshots, test data files, etc.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2504 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!