EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem closing a read-only storage

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/14/2007 07:48:38
by Christian Falardeau (Standard support level)

OK, but I think we are not focusing on the real problem. Forget about opening the same storage at the same time, I won't do it if it is not supported. Altough I need to be able to open a storage file in read-only using the .NET component. In this scenario I do not want to storage to be altered in any way. But I don't know why, there is a problem closing the storage when I opened it in read-only. It raise a SolFS error exception and after it comes an Acess violation exception. SolFS Explorer seems to be able to open the storage in read-only and closing it without any error or problem. Me I try to do that and it crash my app.

Second problem, I upgraded my .NET to 3.1.0.73 and when I open an existing storage file, read operation on stream seems to lock undefinitely.

Could you help with this ones?
Posted: 03/14/2007 08:10:29

I can send you example programs to reproduce the two problems if you want?
Posted: 03/14/2007 08:20:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

cfalardeau wrote:
OK, but I think we are not focusing on the real problem. Forget about opening the same storage at the same time, I won't do it if it is not supported. Altough I need to be able to open a storage file in read-only using the .NET component. In this scenario I do not want to storage to be altered in any way. But I don't know why, there is a problem closing the storage when I opened it in read-only.

If we open the storage in read-only mode, it's closed fine in our tests.

SolFS Explorer doesn't use .NET wrapper, and this seems to be a problem of the .NET class IF it exists.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/14/2007 09:15:53

OK after check my project settings, I finally acknowledge that I was binding to the SolFSNet.dll in the C:\Program Files\EldoS\SolFS\dotNET\Managed that is not the current version 3.1.0.73. Then I revised my project settings again and flush any remaining dll in the debug directory and rebound my project to the SolFSNET.dll in the GAC that is 3.1.0.73. You were right! It works correctly for opening read-only storage file. I made a mistake and I'm deeply sorry.

But I still have the dead lock problem and I've attached a example program to allow to reproduce it.

[ Download ]
Posted: 03/15/2007 02:46:04
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Problem is found and fixed. Build with fixes will be available today.
Posted: 03/16/2007 00:30:35

Yep thanks, It works like a charm!

You are a great team :)
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 16091 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!